A cigarra, also cigar or cigarillo, was a mild narcotic that could be ignited and smoked for the purposes of relaxation.
Cigarras contained chemically treated portions of dried vegetation rolled inside of a slender paper shaft. A smoker would place one end of the cigarra at the tip of his or her mouth and ignite the opposing end. They would suck the smoke from the burning cigarra into their mouth, or inhale it directly into their lungs, and then blow out a cloud of smoke. Cigarras were extremely popular in gambling districts and drinking establishments.
One type of cigarra used carababba tabac. On Haruun Kal, cigarras were made from rashallo leaves. Shento cigars were another brand. Marcan herb was normally smoked through a hookah pipe but it could also be smoked in a cigarra. Savorium herb could be eaten, or smoked in a cigarra, causing a mild euphoria.
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- "Wanted by Cracken"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 6
- Platt's Starport Guide
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Bartyn's Landing"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Underworld: A Galaxy of Scum and Villainy (Picture only)
- Fly Casual (Picture only)