| General information
The circus usually included gladiatorial events which pitted one or more beings against savage creatures from around the galaxy. It was overseen by a ringmaster. Around 32 BBY, the Circus was involved in an illegal smuggling ring of akk dogs which was exposed by Jedi Masters Mace Windu and Depa Billaba.
After a particularly nasty controversy where an arqet escaped and killed twelve audience members in the lower levels of Nar Shaddaa, the Circus all but faded into obscurity. Around this time, the owner sold his wrangler, Malakili, to Jabba Desilijic Tiure.
In 1 ABY, the circus visited Corellia. During their stay, the Circus staff apparently "misplaced" some sick animals. Some time after their departure, the Corellian Defense Force got reports that these creatures miraculously recovered from their illnesses and were threatening the safety of nearby farmers. As tracking and removing these creatures could have turned into an time-consuming endeavor, Captain Peers hired a civilian hunter to deal with the beasts.
- Star Wars: Republic 17: Emissaries to Malastare, Part 5 (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Republic 18: Emissaries to Malastare, Part 6
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 52 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) —
- Shatterpoint (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Mentioned only)
- A Boy and His Monster: The Rancor Keeper's Tale (First mentioned)
- Millennium Falcon (Mentioned only)
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Jabba's Palace Limited (Card: Malakili)
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Power of the Jedi Sourcebook
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Trilogy
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 114 (RAN3, Rancor Keeper)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 140 (HUT17, The Hutts)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 15
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Nightsister's Revenge (Card: Circus Horrificus Auto Beast Feeder)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Circus on Wikipedia