A city-ship was a large vessel that served a dual purpose as a habitat.
Great orbital city-ships were constructed by the Duros to provide an alternative to the polluted surface of their homeworld, Duro. Many great pilots came from these Duros-made vessels. They were attacked during the Clone Wars, when the Confederacy of Independent Systems invaded Duro as part of Operation Durge's Lance. General Grievous used the captured Jyvus Space City as his command post while launching his groundside offensive.
During the Yuuzhan Vong War, the Yuuzhan Vong forces that invaded Duro brought down several of these city-ships onto the surface, while one managed to escape into deep space using its sublight thrusters.
- Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void (Mentioned only)
- CIS Shadowfeed Dispatch 15:2:29 Edition: Breaking News: Confederacy Storms Duro
- Republic HoloNet News Core Edition 15:3:02
- Star Wars 13: Day of the Dragon Lords
- The New Jedi Order: Balance Point
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Duros"—Star Wars Gamer 2 "
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: Dawn of the Jedi 0
- Suns of Fortune