Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers.
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Civé Rashon was a Human female TIE pilot in the Imperial Navy during the Galactic Civil War. She led Obsidian Squadron, an elite TIE squadron stationed aboard the Star Destroyer Avenger, and was given the call sign "Howlrunner". In 3 ABY, Rashon and Obsidian Squadron participated in the takeover of the planet Bespin and in the pursuit of the fugitive Rebel starship, the Millennium Falcon, as it escaped the planet. A year later, Rashon and Obsidian Squadron fought in the Battle of Endor.
Sometime following the Battle of Yavin, Civé Rashon partook in a skirmish against at least one Rebel pilot. Civé was defeated in the fight, but managed to escape alive in her crippled TIE/LN starfighter. Civé also participated in battles between Rebel and Imperial forces in the Naboo, Tatoo, Corellian, Dantooine, and Karthakk systems during the Galactic Civil War. These battles involved an Imperial Lancer-class frigate being pitted against a Rebel EF76 Nebulon-B escort frigate, with numerous starfighters aiding in the defense or offense of the system.
By the year 3 ABY, Rashon flew the TIE fighter Obsidian 1, the lead starfighter of the Imperial Obsidian Squadron, an elite TIE squadron that served aboard the Star Destroyer Avenger. During her service, Rashon attained the call sign "Howlrunner." Rashon's wingman was Dodson Makraven, who flew Obsidian 2.
In 3 ABY, Civé Rashon and her squadron participated in the Imperial occupation of Cloud City on the gas giant Bespin and the pursuit of a starship, the Millennium Falcon, containing the Rebel fugitives Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa and Chewbacca. When the Falcon escaped the planet to avoid capture by the Empire, Rashon and her squadron chased the ship through space, accompanied by Supreme Commander Darth Vader's command ship, the Super Star Destroyer Executor. The Executor attempted to capture the Falcon by absorbing the ship in its tractor beam, having previously deactivated the fugitive ship's hyperdrive on Bespin. However, seconds away from capture, the Falcon unexpectedly escaped into hyperspace, and Obsidian Squadron and the Executor failed their mission. One year later, Rashon led Obsidian Squadron during the Battle of Endor, during which the Alliance Fleet attacked the Imperial Death Star II battlestation. The battle ended with an Imperial defeat and the Death Star's destruction.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
In 1980's Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back, Civé Rashon was among the TIE pilots pursuing the Millennium Falcon during its escape from Cloud City. She was identified on her own card in the 1998 Special Edition Limited expansion set of Decipher's Star Wars Customizable Card Game. She was also mentioned on Dodson Makraven's card for the same set, which revealed that Makraven was Rashon's wingman. In 2008, Rashon and her squadron were given entries in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia. The entry for Obsidian Squadron confirmed that they were the ones pursuing the Falcon out of Bespin.
In the 2003 MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided, Civé Rashon was added to the game as a non-player character (NPC) in Game Update 20. Rebel players who requested Tier 7 Duty Missions from certain space stations had a chance to battle an elite Imperial pilot during the mission's boss stage. One of these pilots could be Civé Rashon. If the player defeated Civé Rashon, the Imperial was not destroyed. Instead, a message was displayed to the player, indicating that they successfully defeated the pilot. The player then received a collection icon which added up to award a badge if they succeeded in destroying all ten of the elite Imperial pilots. However, elite Imperial pilots could also be found flying in various space battles, which took place in the Naboo, Tatoo, Corellian, Dantooine, and Karthakk systems. Because Civé Rashon only appeared in the space portion of Star Wars Galaxies, originally added with the Jump to Lightspeed expansion pack, she could normally only be seen inside her respective TIE/LN starfighter. However, a comm display could appear during the battle, displaying Civé Rashon's face. In addition, the collection icon depicted Civé Rashon's physical appearance. In the game, the name Civé did not have an accentuated letter E. Though Civé Rashon piloted a TIE/LN starfighter in the game, it cannot be said with absolute certainty that it was the Obsidian 1. Although players could choose not to participate in any of the battles or collections connected to Civé Rashon's, this article assumes 100% game completion
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Appeared in comm screen)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (In fighter only) (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back PhotoComic (In fighter only)
- LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy (In fighter only)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (In fighter only)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: OS-72-1 in Obsidian 1) (First identified as Civé Rashon)
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: OS-72-2 In Obsidian 2)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- X-Wing Miniatures Game – TIE Fighter Expansion Pack (Card: )
- Star Wars Armada - Star Wars Armada: Core Set - (Card: "Howlrunner"-TIE Squadron")
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 2.7 Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: OS-72-1 in Obsidian 1)
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. II, p. 402 ("Obsidian Squadron")
- ↑ Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Special Edition Limited (Card: OS-72-2 In Obsidian 2)
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- ↑ The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia, Vol. III, p. 81 ("Rashon, Civé")
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi