- "Mandalore and Clan Cadera aren't exactly close."
- ―Torian Cadera
Clan Cadera was a Mandalorian clan in existence during the time of the Great Galactic War and the subsequent Cold War between the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire that followed. When the Mandalorians under the leadership of the new Mand'alor, Mandalore the Vindicated, allied with the Sith against the Republic, Cadera clan member Jicoln Cadera spoke out against the decision. He espoused that the Mandalorians should follow the example of Mandalore the Preserver and support the Republic as he had done centuries ago. This conflict of ideology led to what became known as the Crusader's schism, as Jicoln raised an army of followers to oppose the Mand'alor. However, the movement was eventually defeated and Jicoln was largely believed to have died in the aftermath, though he had escaped into exile, in truth. Remaining members of Clan Cadera, consisted primarily of women and young children, were welcomed back into Mandalorian society.
However, Jincoln's actions left Clan Cadera with a dishonorable stigma within the Mandalorian community. His own son, Torian Cadera, was deeply ashamed of his father, and was referred to by his peers by such pejoratives as arue'tal, or "traitor's blood." When Torian caught wind that his father was alive and living on the planet Taris, he joined forces with the most recent Grand Champion of the Great Hunt—a galaxy-spanning bounty hunting competition organized by the Mandalorian clans—to track down and kill Jicoln. Together with the champion, Torian engaged his disgraced father in a Mandalorian death game known as a Geroya be Haran, and the two emerged victorious. However, when Jicoln recognized Torian as his estranged son, he asked for a moment alone with him to explain his actions before being dealt his fate. After Jicoln had been put to rest, he was turned over to a contingent of Mandalorian soldiers to be brought to Mandalore the Vindicated. Torian, having removed the shame Clan Cadera had bore in the eyes of Mandalorian contemporaries by taking down his father, chose to join the bounty hunter crew of the Grand Champion in search of new challenges.
By the time of the Revolt against the Eternal Empire there were barely any members of the clan that it was only Torian Cadera who answered Mandalore the Avenger's call to Darvannis. Becoming her top scout and new the chief of Clan Cadera.
Behind the scenesEdit
Clan Cadera first appeared in Star Wars canon in the massively multiplayer online game, Star Wars: The Old Republic, created by BioWare and released December 20, 2011. Further details about the clan and member Jicoln Cadera were provided by the official promotional website known as The Holonet, as part of the biography of Mandalore the Vindicated.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Eternal Throne
- (First mentioned)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars: The Old Republic
- ↑ 2.0 2.1
- ↑ The term arue'tal is not directly defined in Star Wars: The Old Republic. However, the Mando'a dictionary indicates that it is likely a composite of the words aruetii and tal, meaning "traitor" and "blood", respectively, in a way that indicates possession, as defined in the language section of the article The Mandalorians: People and Culture.
- ↑ Jicoln's fate is determined by the player. The player's bounty hunter character can elect to encase him in carbonite to be returned to Mandalore alive, allow Torian to kill his father, or kill Jicoln themselves. As there is currently no canonical outcome established, this article treats this event in vague terms.