The detonator's power and range made it illegal for any use other than military purposes. Featuring a blast radius of up to 20 meters, it could be tuned to limit the radius depending on the situation. An activation panel was located on top of the detonator, in which an internal fusion reaction would be activated via the control panel. Powered by volatile baradium, the detonator was protected by a thermite casing.
The control pins of the detonator's triggers could be programmed to act as a dead man's switch, one that got automatically operated if the operator became incapacitated or otherwise removed from control.
- Kanan 4: The Last Padawan, Part IV: Catch
- Star Wars Battlefront
- Star Wars: Forces of Destiny – "Bounty Hunted"
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side!
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Class-A thermal detonator)