- "They killed them all. Every last…"
- ―Bomo Greenbark
The Cleansing of New Plympto began immediately after the end of the Clone Wars.
- "It all goes back to rikknit eggs. They are—were—New Plympto's only major export. They were our ticket into the Galactic Republic. Only the Republic refused to give us representation in the Senate. And then they banned our export of eggs! Our economy was in shambles! The Separatists offered to buy our rikknit eggs—and include us in their Confederacy. What were we supposed to do? It seemed like a good deal—until you and your clones showed up and started killing us!"
- ―Bomo Greenbark explains the Nosaurian resistance to Dass Jennir
The conflict on New Plympto began when Nosaurians joined Separatists during the Clone Wars. The Galactic Republic invaded the planet, engaging both Nosaurians and battle droids in combat. However, despite deactivation of their droid army at the end of the war, the Nosaurian Separatists managed to escape the battle and regroup.
When Order 66 was executed, Dass Jennir, the Jedi General in charge of the clone army, was betrayed by his own troops and almost killed. Having discovered the destruction of the Jedi Order by the newly-established Galactic Empire during a brief trip to Coruscant, Dass Jennir returned to New Plympto to lead the Nosaurian Separatists against the Imperial forces who had threatened them with retaliation.
One month of fightingEdit
The fighting lasted for a month, with ambushes on Imperial armored columns and heavy guerrilla warfare. Eventually, Palpatine ordered the 501st Legion to invade the world. There they worked closely with light tank units to put down the revolt.
The Nosaurians' last stand was at the Battle of Half-Axe Pass, where the remnants of their army attempted to cover for their families who were being evacuated off-planet, by holding off the approaching stormtroopers at Half-Axe Pass. Fortifying themselves on the hillside, the Nosaurians held off the troops, using frequent hit and run attacks, until TX-130T fighter tanks arrived.
While the tanks opened fire on the defenders and made their way towards the fortifications, Dass Jennir and Bomo Greenbark made their way to a tree near the first tank. Cutting it down with his lightsaber, Jennir managed to destroy the first tank in line, and ordered his troops to withdraw to the crest of the hill.
Clone Commander Vill, the 501st's on-planet commanding officer, didn't fall for the same trick twice and opened fire on Jennir's position. Both he and Greenbark fell into a hole which the blast had uncovered, losing consciousness until hours after the battle had ended.
- "We surrender!"
- ―Nosaurian rebel
Top-side, the surviving Nosaurian fighters attempted to surrender to the Imperial forces. However, they were summarily executed by the stormtroopers of the 501st. Their families were captured before they could enter the main spaceport and were scheduled for transportation to Orvax IV to be slaves. The decision made Darth Vader uneasy; after all, Anakin Skywalker had been a slave.
- Star Wars: Republic: Into the Unknown (First appearance)
- Dark Times 1: The Path to Nowhere, Part 1
- Dark Times 2: The Path to Nowhere, Part 2
- Dark Times: Blue Harvest, Part 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Dark Times 16: Blue Harvest, Part 4 (Indirect mention only)
- Dark Times—A Spark Remains 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Special Edition
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (See Half-Axe Pass)
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Enter the Unknown (Indirect mention only)
- Suns of Fortune
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: Republic: Into the Unknown
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Dark Times 1: The Path to Nowhere, Part 1
- ↑ Dark Times 3: The Path to Nowhere, Part 3
- ↑ Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:241 establishes the Declaration of a New Order as occurring the 16:5:23, while Republic: Into the Unknown states that the Cleansing of New Plympto begins with the formation of the Empire.
- ↑ Star Wars: Purge establishes the Conclave on Kessel as occurring one month after the Declaration of a New Order, while Dark Times 1: The Path to Nowhere, Part 1 states that the Cleansing of New Plympto ends shortly after the conclave.