Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Our clone intelligence units have discovered the location of General Grievous. He's hiding in the Utapau system."
- ―Chancellor Palpatine
- "Hasn't Clone Intelligence reported this weapon never leaves any survivors?"
- ―Chancellor Palpatine, on the Malevolence
Clone Intelligence units were created by the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars and consisted of different types of clones for information gathering missions on Separatist activities. Clone types included the early-though-rare Null-class Advanced Recon Commandos and the more numerous clone shadow troopers. Early in the war, the Clone Intelligence units were too few to be truly useful, forcing the Republic to rely on the Bothan Spynet and other intelligence agencies. During this time, Clone Intelligence was known to had reported directly to the Jedi Council.
When the Confederate ship Malevolence began destroying Galactic Republic starships, Clone Intelligence reported that the enemy ship left no survivors in its wake. After the ship's destruction, they later reported the sighting of General Grievous at Balmorra.
By the closing stages of the Clone Wars, Clone Intelligence informed Supreme Chancellor Palpatine about General Grievous' hideout on Utapau in 19 BBY. They had gathered this information by intercepting a partial message in a diplomatic packet from the Chairman of Utapau. Jedi Master Mace Windu expressed his unease that Clone Intelligence reported the matter directly to the Supreme Chancellor though Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker stated that the constitutional amendment meant that that the Chancellor was the Supreme Commander of the Grand Army of the Republic which meant that Clone Intelligence were allowed to report to him instead of the Jedi Order.
- The Clone Wars: Wild Space
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rising Malevolence" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies" (Mentioned only)
- The Clone Wars 7: In Service of the Republic, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- The Clone Wars: Strange Allies (Mentioned only)
- Republic Commando: Triple Zero
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel
- The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (First mentioned)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novel (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith: Illustrated Screenplay
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia