Clone lieutenant was a rank held by clone troopers in the Galactic Republic's Grand Army who commanded platoons of thirty-six troopers. The four lieutenants of a company were in turn led by their respective clone captain. Standard Phase I lieutenants wore armor featuring four blue colored circles on the left chestplate as well as a stripe of blue down the length of each arm, vertically up the middle of the helmet and laterally around the visor.
One notable clone lieutenant included Thire, who served in the Coruscant Guard as a clone shock trooper. During the Clone Wars, he accompanied Jedi Master Yoda to Rugosa in order to persuade King Katuunko to ally with the Galactic Republic. Similarly, Trap was a clone lieutenant who led Tango Company on a mission to escort a Republic medical frigate back to the Ord Cestus medical station. Whilst en route to the station, fellow clone trooper Scythe was infected by a Geonosian Brain worm which led to the infection of all other clones onboard, including Trap.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Brain Invaders"
- Darth Vader: Dark Lord of the Sith 10: The Dying Light, Part IV
- —Star Wars Adventures Ashcan (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Complete Locations (First identified as clone lieutenant)