Clone cadet was the rank held by clone troopers in the Grand Army of the Republic that had yet to complete their intensive combat training. These cadets—all clones of the Mandalorian bounty hunter Jango Fett, like the rest of the Republic's Grand Army—continued their training on the aquatic world of Kamino, at the military training facility in Tipoca City.
By the second year of the Clone Wars, at the chronological age of six standard years, clone cadets were embarking with their training units on tours of the Republic's Venator-class cruisers, where they were given a chance to observe troopers functioning in the field. Overseen by a clone sergeant, the cadets practiced shooting targets grouped in Separatist formation. A young Boba Fett disguised himself as a clone cadet aboard the capital ship Endurance, during his attempt to assassinate Jedi Master Mace Windu, in retaliation for Windu killing Fett's father, Jango, on Geonosis.
Clone cadets who had reached maturity were organized into squads, such as Domino and Bravo Squads, in which they remained until finally graduating from their training and being brought into active duty.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Death Trap" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home" (Appears in flashback(s))
- The Clone Wars: Defenders of the Republic
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Clone Cadets"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Fugitive"