The clone flame troopers, also known simply as the flame troopers, were a special branch of clone troopers that specialized in the use of BT X-42 heavy Republic flamethrowers as well as other incendiary weapons. Flame troopers wore specialized armor designed to counter heat that they were often in. They were present during the Second Battle of Geonosis. Their successors were the Imperial Incinerator troopers.
During the Second Battle of Geonosis, Jedi General Ki-Adi-Mundi along with Special ops clone trooper Commander CC-1993 led a group of special ops troopers and flame troopers in a squadron of Gunships to reach the landing zone. The squadron of clones along with Mundi had been shot down by the Geonosian resistance which caused the clones to crash resulting in heavy casualties. The clones were later fighting off the Geonosians in one of the caves the Geonosians were hidden. As the clones almost broke through the Geonosian crossfire, Mundi summoned the flame troopers to burn the rest of the Geonosians so Republic forces could move in to assist Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi at the landing zone.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Landing at Point Rain"
- Republic Commando: True Colors (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Character Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: New Battlefronts: The Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Two
- (First identified as flame trooper)