Creation of the clone troopersEdit
The Kaminoans of Kamino used specialized cloning tanks while creating the clone troopers of the Grand Army of the Republic. Cloning tanks were also found in Mount Tantiss on Wayland, and were used by Grand Admiral Thrawn to create an army of clone stormtroopers during his campaign against the New Republic.
Clones of Galen MarekEdit
- "How many have come before me?
That doesn't matter for now, the question is; How many will come "after" you?"
- ―The Dark Apprentice and his master
With the death of Galen Marek, Vader's secret apprentice, the Dark Lord ordered scientists in Kamino to make clones of the dead man as a replacement army. However, the first clones were a failure. Until one time, the first genetically successful one was created. However, this clone also obtained the visions from his original man, making him a threat to Darth Vader, he then sought allegiance to the Rebels in order to search for his true identity. When he fought with the Dark Lord, in the Timira Cloning Spire, several failed clones were used as an army to slow him down, but he succeed in killing them all. Most of the Cloning Tanks were found in the city of Timira on Kamino where Vader developed his clone followers. However, a successful clone loyal to the Dark Side was eventually cloned. He was willing to follow his master and was stronger than the other clones. He had also freed himself from visions and emotions which prevented him from failures which made him the only perfect clone of Starkiller, and was given a customized Sith armor for battle.
Clones of Boba FettEdit
When Vader hired Boba Fett and Xasha to find Starkiller, Vader ordered the bounty hunter to remain. Unknown to Fett, DNA samples where collected by Xasha and given to the scientists to clone him. During the assault of the rebels on Kamino, Fett found this one out, and he killed the scientists and burned the Cloning Tanks.
Behind the scenesEdit
The original type of cloning tanks were cylinder tanks filled with growth liquid, wherein the clones are under development. However, in Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II an extension type of the tanks were seen. These were likely to be found in the Timira Cloning Spire, the game's last chapter, they are like platforms with a glass cover on the rear, most likely to release the clones after their development.
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Republic Commando
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (novel)
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones / junior novel
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars: Republic 50: The Defense of Kamino
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "ARC Troopers"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The General" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Republic: Trackdown
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II - Cloning Tank
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
- The Sand Tender: The Hammerhead's Tale (First mentioned)
- Galaxy of Fear: Clones
- The Last Command (First appearance)
- Dark Empire II
- Specter of the Past (Mentioned only)
- Vision of the Future
- Survivor's Quest (Mentioned only)
- Force Heretic II: Refugee (as clone vat) (Mentioned only)
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War (Mentioned only)