The Cloud-Riders were a swoop gang operating on Aduba-3 and led by Serji-X Arrogantus. They lived in the hills just outside of Onacra. Once a year, they would attack the village, stampeding the villagers' banthas, burning their crops, and carrying off their women.
Eventually, the villagers worked out a deal with the Cloud-Riders. They would pay an annual tithe of 9,000 credits in exchange for being left alone. This only worked for three years before Arrogantus and his gang became restless and began attacking again. Because of this, the villager Ramiz asked for help from Han Solo and Chewbacca, who in turn formed the Eight for Aduba-3 to combat the Cloud-Riders. Arrogantus and most of the rest of the Cloud-Riders were killed by the Behemoth from the World Below. The survivors, without their leader, quickly disbanded the gang.
- Star Wars 8: Eight for Aduba-3 (First appearance)
- Star Wars 9: Showdown on a Wasteland World!
- Star Wars 10: Behemoth from the World Below
- Star Wars 11: Star Search! (Mentioned only)
- "ComicScan: Marvelously Silly Aliens"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 3
- The Starhoppers of Aduba-3"—Star Wars Gamer 4 "
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia