CoCo Town, also known as CoCo District, was a commercial district located in the upper levels of Coruscant. Notable locations in CoCo Town included Dex's Diner, the CoCo Penitentiary, the CoCo District Theatre, Pom Plaza, Pets' "N" Pieces, Bithuband, Dewback Inn, and an archive building of the Galactic Museum.
CoCo Town (short for Collective Commerce District) was an upper level district full of exclusive stores, restaurants and old-style diners. Many of these establishments catered to the maintenance crews and support staff working in the upper levels, while more refined eateries served the wealthier citizens of Galactic City. Diners and canteens such as the one owned by Dexter Jettster were frequented by spacers, freighter pilots and an array of beings, including the Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Prior to the Clone Wars, CoCo Town experienced a garbage collection crisis, which resulted in huge piles of trash being deposited in city streets and outside major buildings. This forced Skyroute D25D—connecting CoCo Town to the Boribos and Hirkenglade Prefectures—to be detoured between Kansen Entrance and Trotus Exit. A new refuse launch port was constructed in the area to combat the growing accumulation of garbage.
CoCo Town was also the location where the infamous death sticks were invented in a medical laboratory. While the death sticks did not heavily influence CoCo Town, they did affect the underworld life, eventually prompting a HoloNet News article about the addiction issues.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Jedi Apprentice: The Deadly Hunter (First appearance)
- Jedi Apprentice: The Evil Experiment
- Jedi Apprentice: The Dangerous Rescue
- Jedi Quest: Path to Truth
- Jedi Quest: The False Peace
- Adler Roty—HoloNet News
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones novelization
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones comic
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones junior novel