- "I know what you're thinking, pal … Right now, you're saying ot yourself: 'Self, do I really want to lay 20 credits for some Corellian smoothie to tell me what I already know about the most banal subject in the entire galaxy?"
- ―Cohden K'Reye
Cohden K'Reye was a world galactic traveler and had spent time in bars all across the galaxy. Sometime around 0 BBY he offered to give would-be adventurers the heads up about some of the galaxies most wretched hives of scum and villainy for 20 credits.
K'Reye had gambled at the infamous casino The Ace of Sabres, he had traded at the elusive Exovar's Emporium and he had gambled on the fights in the Dool Arena at the Broken Tusk. The loud mouthed Corellian had made deals with Yin Vocta at the Bantha Traxx and he had seen Blizz Pinnix race on his remarkable swoop the Black Raptor. He had partied at the Glow Dome and was clever enough to realize the dangers at Starlyte Station. In the end he put together his thoughts and stories into a travelog that he sold around the galaxy.
Personality and traitsEdit
- "But since you brought up the subject of exotic locations, I think visiting a sonic shower should be tops on your travel itinerary, pal."
- ―Cohden K'Reye to a Barabel stranger
K'Reye was loud, cocky, and brimming with confidence. A typical Corellian he was not afraid to speak his mind. He was skeptical about the Force and put his faith into more tangible items. He could talk at length about almost any topic and seemed to have a story about almost everyone.
Skills and abilitiesEdit
- "By the way, the correct answer to the question I originally posed is a big ol' Death Star-sized YES."
- ―Cohden K'Reye
Despite his loud mouth and brash attitude, K'Reye was a keen observer and had a good eye at figuring out what exactly was going on behind the scenes. For someone uninvolved he had tremendous knowledge of numerous criminal organizations and was willing to share that information, for a price.
Behind the scenesEdit
Cohden K'Reye was designed by Paul Danner and Bill Smith for Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy, a supplement for the Star Wars Roleplaying Game that was published by West End Games in 1997. He was illustrated by Joey Robinson throughout the book. K'Reye was created to be the narrator for the RPG supplement and there were numerous segments where he would appear in a sidebar to provide additional information and provide adventure plot hooks.
- Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy (First mentioned)