|Chronological and political information|
- Thrawn: "Do you know the difference between an error and a mistake, Ensign?"
- Ensign Colclazure: "No sir."
- Thrawn: "Any one can make an error, Ensign. But that error doesn't become a mistake until you refuse to correct it."
- ―Thrawn and Ensign Colclazure[src]
Colclazure was an ensign and a tractor beam officer on the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Chimaera during the Thrawn campaign. The tall man was responsible for the training and supervision of the tractor beams' crew, and was stationed on the bridge of the warship. Grand Admiral Thrawn made an example of him, teaching him to correct his errors so they would not become mistakes, such as the insufficient training, disrespect for authority and inability to adapt demonstrated by one of Colclazure's crew, Cris Pieterson, after a failed attempt to capture Luke Skywalker in his X-Wing with the Chimaera's tractor beams. Although Colclazure was verbally reprimanded, he escaped Pieterson's fate of execution at the hands of Rukh.
Behind the scenesEdit
Colclazure was the result of a fan winning a charity auction to get his name in the book, and also won the right to decide if Pieterson (his fellow winner) lived or died. 
- Heir to the Empire (First appearance)