- "This is not a job or an assignment. It is a seat at a campfire, surrounded by an extraordinary group of storytellers, filmmakers, artists and craftspeople. We've been charged with telling new stories for a younger generation because they deserve what we all had—a mythology to call their own. We will do this by channeling something George Lucas instilled in all of us: boundless creativity, pure invention and hope."
- ―Colin Trevorrow, on directing Star Wars: Episode IX
- "We want to channel the invention and just the raw creativity and the boldness that George [Lucas] brought to these films and not being afraid that we're going to embarrass ourselves by doing something that might be crazy. When George Lucas made Star Wars, a lot of people thought it was crazy. When you try to pitch what that movie's about – if you've never heard of Star Wars before, you say, 'Here's a character. His father's part robot, but he can also do magic. And there's a guy who can fly in a spaceship. He's got a dog for a friend!' – it sounds insane. But it's the greatest story ever told. I just want to embrace that kind of invention and creativity that he brought to it."
- ―Colin Trevorrow, in a speech at Lucasfilm
Colin Trevorrow is an American film director who was slated to direct Star Wars: Episode IX. He is also known for directing the 2015 film Jurassic World and the 2012 film Safety Not Guaranteed. On September 5, 2017, It was announced that he left the project.
Notes and referencesEdit
- Colin Trevorrow on Wikipedia