Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The combat arachnid was a species of arachnid similar to acklays. They possessed twelve legs, were covered in spikes and thorns, and were very fierce. They had a mouth full of razor sharp teeth, roughly fifteen eyes, and vocalizations in the ultrasonic range. They were native to the world of Carida prior to its destruction, however a small population of these creatures lived in the ruins of Kuar. Their carapaces had a gem-like quality, and the arachnids were sometimes raised purely for that purpose, though even the damage incurred during a battle left plenty for trophies.
Combat arachnids were renowned for their prowess and fighting capability; Jabba Desilijic Tiure ordered a trio of them to fight his pet rancor; the rancor ultimately prevailed, however it was badly wounded in the fight. They were often used as opponents in training exercises for the Galactic Empire's Stormtrooper Corps.
- Boba Fett: Hunted
- A Boy and His Monster: The Rancor Keeper's Tale (First appearance)
- Therefore I Am: The Tale of IG-88 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine (Mentioned only)
- Young Jedi Knights: Shards of Alderaan (Mentioned only)
- Young Jedi Knights: Diversity Alliance
- Young Jedi Knights: Delusions of Grandeur
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia (See Caridan combat arachnid)