| Production information
|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
The knife, also known as a combat knife or throwing knife, was a handheld melee weapon used for slashing and stabbing. A knife could also be used as a cutting tool or utensil.
The knife was a simple weapon, with little to no high technology involved in its construction. It consisted of a single-edged blade attached to pommel of short or medium length. They could be found at very cheap prices on specialized markets and were easy to conceal due to their relatively small size.
The blade used the wielder's own strength to cut and slash, and since the weapon did not rely on any sort of vibro technology, it was completely silent. The knife could also be thrown. Knives could be made of various materials, including stone and metal.
Knives were not always used exclusively for combat. They were also used as a tool to accomplish a variety of purposes, such as cutting meat or vegetables or skinning hides. They were also used as an eating utensil or a carving tool. The expression "under the knife" referred to someone undergoing surgery, with the expression "knife" meaning the cutting tool used by the surgeon, usually a scalpel.
Knives have been used throughout the ages by assassins, thugs, and Mandalorian warriors, as well as soldiers of various eras. During the Clone Wars, it was standard issue for clone personnel (with the exception being clone commandos, who were issued their own knuckle plate vibro blades). SpecForce soldiers and later Galactic Alliance Infantry Troopers and officers were all equipped with knives, usually as a backup melee weapon.
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game
- The Star Wars Sourcebook
- Star Wars Campaign Pack
- Galaxy Guide 1: A New Hope
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 2: Yavin and Bespin, Second Edition
- Galladinium's Fantastic Technology
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Star Wars Gamemaster Screen, Revised
- Star Wars: Rebellion: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (Picture only)
- Bartyn's Landing"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: Jump to Lightspeed: Prima Official Game Guide
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Complete Guide: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- Threats of the Galaxy
- Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Suns of Fortune
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 Star Wars Roleplaying Game Saga Edition Core Rulebook
- ↑ Side Trip
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Threats of the Galaxy
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- ↑ MedStar I: Battle Surgeons
- ↑ Legacy Era Campaign Guide
- ↑ Reckonings"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- ↑ Bartyn's Landing"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "