A communication station, also referred to as "comm interlink" was the public version of a comm unit - an electronic device that handled communications between planets.
One such unit was stationed at the Artorias communications center in 25 ABY. Since it was damaged, a Human mechanic named Sparky was assigned the task of fixing the interlink but was unsuccessful. He desperately sought the assistance of Dulac who pretended to fix it, but did nothing since he was an advance agent of a Yuuzhan Vong fleet.
While tampering with the machine, the agent received a transmission from the crew of the Pythea warning of the impending invasion. However, he ensured the information was not released. During the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, the comm station was left offline; preventing communications between the planet and the New Republic. Given their hatred of mechanical technology, the machine was presumably destroyed by the Yuuzhan Vong during their occupation.
- The Old Republic: Deceived
- Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter
- The Approaching Storm
- "Death in the Catacombs"—Star Wars Insider 79 (Mentioned only)
- "Shadows of Darkness"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 4
- Heir to the Empire (First appearance) (as communication station)
- The Last Command (as communication station)
- Dark Apprentice
- Before the Storm
- Specter of the Past
- Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy
- Invasion 0, Part 2
- The New Jedi Order: Force Heretic I: Remnant
- Fate of the Jedi: Abyss