|Chronological and political information|
Command centers were support buildings used to construct support units for fighting forces throughout galactic history. These buildings would construct units such as droid and organic laborers, and medics. In addition, these buildings also researched technology for unit upgrades. They also served as drop-off points for resources such as food, carbon, nova, and ore. It cost 300 units of carbon and 100 units of ore to construct a command center. Units were able to garrison inside the structures for healing and repair, and could fire at hostile units. Gungans and the Royal Naboo Security Forces on the planet Naboo build command centers, as did the Trade Federation. The two sides of the Clone Wars, the Galactic Republic and the Confederacy of Independent Systems had their own versions, as did the Wookiees on Kashyyyk. Later, during the Galactic Civil War, the Galactic Empire and the Rebel Alliance both used command centers.
Behind the scenesEdit
- "By now, you should have enough food to create another worker at your Command Center."
- ―Qui-Gon Jinn to the player during the tutorial.
Command centers appear in the 2001 video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds and its 2002 expansion pack. Some missions start with command centers and in other missions players must build one. In multiplayer, the games start with a command center already built.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide (First mentioned)