A commando (plural commandos or commandoes) was generally a soldier that was suited to environments and situations that most other units would not be able to handle, either due to training or equipment.
Some examples of commandos around the galaxy are as follows.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the MMORPG Star Wars Galaxies, the commando was one of the professions to survive the so-called "New Game Enhancements" of 2005 and be included as one of the nine iconic starter professions. In the game, they specialize in the use of heavy weaponry and other explosives.
The commando is an advanced class for the trooper class in the Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO video game. This advanced class specializes in heavy blaster cannons and grenades. The Imperial counterpart for this archetype is the mercenary.
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Star Wars: Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide
- Star Wars Miniatures: Clone Strike
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Galaxy at War
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Wookiee Commando)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Nightsister's Revenge (Card: Stormtrooper Commando)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Squadrons Over Corellia (Card: Rebel Commando)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Squadrons Over Corellia (Card: Lost Aqualish Commando)
- Threats of the Galaxy
- The Unknown Regions
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Lure of the Dark Side (Card: Commando Operations)
- Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Core Rulebook