|BX-series droid commando|
| Technical specifications
|Chronological and political information|
- "Those clankers have tough armor!"
- ―Commander Cody, on the durability of commando droids
BX-series droid commandos, also known as commando droids, were advanced battle droids used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. They were created as an improvement over standard battle droids and had greater agility and computer processing power. Their lithe body structure allowed them to don Phase I clone trooper armor. Commando droids were able to alter their voices in order to imitate others. However, these improvements came at price of a heavy production cost, limiting their use on the battlefield.
The commando droids were first used when they infiltrated and took control of the Republic's Rishi moon Station. At first, the droids were able to maintain control of the station until Commander Cody and Captain Rex arrived to inspect the station. Along with the survivors, Cody and Rex were able to retake the station from the commando droids.
A pair of commando droids were stationed in Lessu. There they attempt to stop the ARF troopers Stak and Razor from activating the Plasma bridge, but were defeated. Grievous then used a squad when he boarded Jedi Council member Eeth Koth's flagship, the Steadfast at Ardra and captured Koth. Grievous and his tactical droid, TV-94 then used them against fellow Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Adi Gallia, and Anakin Skywalker when they rescued Koth from Grievous at Saleucami. A pair of commando droids then acted as snipers after Grievous was forced to crash land on Saleucami's surface. The commando droid then shot Capt. Rex as he approached them.
The bounty hunter, Cad Bane then used a pair of commando droids when he held several members of Galactic Senate hostage. There, they were able to impersonate the Senate Commandos stationed at the entrance.
Commando droids were also used as guards at the Citadel under Commander Osi Sobeck. There they guarded the prisoners and operated the laser cannons there. The Confederate supporter Rish Loo used a pair of them against Skywalker and Senator Amidala when his plan was exposed.
On Kiros, the commando droids drove speeders and AATs when the Republic forces arrived. The Confederate commander, Darts D'Nar then had several with him as his guards when negotiated with Kenobi for his surrender.
- ; images #4, 9
- ; images #10, 11
- ; images #7, 16
- ; images #12, 13, 14, 15
- ; images #10, 11
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as BX-series droid commando)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Rookies"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3
- ↑ Star Wars: Darth Vader 4: Vader, Part IV
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Liberty on Ryloth"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Grievous Intrigue"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Counterattack"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Kidnapped"