Rebel General Jan Dodonna hailed from Commenor, as well as the female Imperial officer Fatimah Nurii. During the reign of the Galactic Empire, the planet was home to an underground resistance movement.
In the aftermath of the Battle of Endor, the Empire targeted Commenor as part of Operation: Cinder, attempting to destroy the world after the death of the Emperor. Thirty years after the Battle of Endor, Commenor was a member world in the New Republic, where it was represented in the Galactic Senate by Thanlis Depallo.
- Shattered Empire, Part IV (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game (First appearance)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Rebel Dossier (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Dawn of Rebellion