Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Maybe, if we fight hard and smart enough, slow it down to the point that we could contact the Alliance communications ship that's in orbit near Sullust, and get some kind of operational task force ordered out here."
- ―Gennad Rozhdenst
A communications ship was a naval vessel fitted with transceivers to facilitate communication between various fleet elements and military headquarters.
Comm ships were used during the Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War to both aid friendly forces and hinder enemies. The latter was accomplished through jamming measures that scrambled the enemy's lines of communication.
Notable classes and starshipsEdit
- Allegiance-class battlecruiser
- Munificent-class star frigate
- Pride of Tarlandia
- Rebel Alliance communications ship
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron
- "Heroes on Both Sides"—Star Wars: Clone Wars Adventures Volume 5
- Star Wars: Obsession (First appearance)
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith comic
- LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game (Non-canonical appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Dark Times: The Path to Nowhere
- Dark Times 6: Parallels, Part 1
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel (First appearance)
- Hard Merchandise (Mentioned only)
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith Incredible Cross-Sections
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- The Starships of Episode III
- Star Wars Miniatures: Starship Battles