A compressor was a technical device. After he stole the Millennium Falcon from the Irving Boys, Crolute junk boss Unkar Plutt installed a compressor on the ignition line. However, by the time the smugglers Han Solo and Chewbacca recovered the Falcon, the scavenger Rey bypassed a faulty compressor at the cockpit, ceasing the ship's malfunction. Chewbacca later removed the compressor, though Rey wondered if this was the case when observing Chewbacca with a mess of cables after the vessel landed on the planet Ahch-To. He told her in Shyriiwook that there was a pest aboard the ship and she suspected a mynock, but the damage was in fact caused by porgs, avian creatures native to the planet.
- Forces of Destiny: The Rey Chronicles (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)