Computer spikes, also known as data spikes, were electronic devices that, upon insertion into a computer, allowed the user to access classified data and programs. A group of rebels on the Outer Rim planet of Lothal used a computer spike to slice into an Imperial Communications Center and acquire its transmitter.
- Star Wars Rebels – "Call to Action" (First appearance) (First identified as data spike)
- Battle to the End (as data spike)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Double Agent Droid"
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization (as data spike)
- Darth Vader 2: Vader, Part II
- Doctor Aphra 3: Aphra, Part III
- Aftermath: Empire's End (as data spike)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Expanded Edition (Mentioned only)
- (First identified as computer spike)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections