A computer terminal was a device that was used to gain access to a computer's mainframe and communicate information. There were several different devices used that could interface with a computer terminal via a wall socket, such as scomp links and rank cylinders. They were mainly known as the perfect interface for astromech droids, though some maintenance points were made at the level of MSE-6 droids. At Yavin there was a specific terminal that hooked up to R2-D2 via a cable and downloaded the information about the Death Star plans. On the first Death Star, R2-D2 had to an computer terminal to stop Garbage Compactor 3263827. On Bespin, Cloud City's mainframe computer told R2-D2 that the Millennium Falcon's hyperdrive had been deactivated.
Another part of a computer terminal was more usable by humanoids; it had a interface that displayed information and allowed input through the use of the user's fingers or through other means according to how the terminal was made. Obi-Wan Kenobi used such a terminal to disconnect a tractor beam from the Death Star I's main reactor, allowing the Millennium Falcon to escape.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Episode I Adventures Game Book 4: Jedi Emergency
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First appearance)
- Star Wars 4: In Battle with Darth Vader
- "Death-Hunter"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 9
- Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back
- Therefore I Am: The Tale of IG-88
- Star Wars 57: Hello, Bespin, Goodbye!
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi novel
- Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi junior novel
- Star Wars: Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- The New Rebellion