|Conclave at Katarr|
- "My people never saw his face when he struck—but they heard his voice. When my lord spoke, every living thing on Katarr died. The destruction of Katarr echoed through the Force, the screaming of countless lives."
- ―Visas Marr
The Conclave at Katarr was an event of the Old Sith Wars, occurring in 3952 BBY, and was the first major event of the First Jedi Purge that took place during that time period. That year, the last known hundred members of the Jedi Order secretly assembled on the planet Katarr, a colony of the Miraluka species, a race who saw through the Force. Jedi Master Atris summoned the Jedi she had kept contact with to a secret meeting on Katarr, seemingly to discuss the future of the Jedi Order. Her real intention, however, was to use the Jedi as bait, hoping their shadowy adversaries would reveal themselves. She leaked information about the conclave, which Sith Lord Darth Nihilus received. Before the meeting could begin, he arrived on Katarr and killed all life on the planet, both the Jedi visitors—who comprised most of the Order's roster—and the Miraluka inhabitants. The only survivor of this attack was the Miraluka Visas Marr, who was then taken as an apprentice by Nihilus.
Unfortunately for Katarr, Atris's plan backfired; the Jedi were not aware of the true extent of Nihilus`power. Using a unique variation of Force Drain, Nihilus stripped the Force from the Katarr's surface, killing every living being on the planet. Of all its living denizens, sentient, flora and fauna, Nihilus spared only one Miraluka woman, Visas Marr, who was subsequently recruited into the Sith as Nihilus's apprentice. 3,933 years later, the Jedi who survived Order 66 attempted to draw the Sith into a trap, with the similarly disastrous Conclave on Kessel.
- "Unseen, Unheard"—Star Wars Tales 24 (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Codex entry) (First identified as Conclave at Katarr)
- Darth Bane: Rule of Two (Indirect mention only)
- Darth Plagueis (Indirect mention only)
- Chronicles of the Old Republic (First mentioned)
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
Notes and referencesEdit