The concussion grenade, sometimes referred to as concussion bomb, was a common grenade in widespread use since before the formation of the Galactic Republic and evolved little over thousands of years. There were three main designs of concussion grenades.
The first one was a fairly standard grenade, used by many factions. It exploded with a small blast radius, releasing a blast of kinetic energy that would kill most organics and damage equipment. A sonic shockwave was expelled in the explosion that stunned anyone right outside the 4 meter blast radius.
The second kind did not detonate in a traditional sense. The common blast radius was 4 meters, fairly large for a hand-held explosive. It created only a sonic shockwave, stunning anybody hit by it rather than killing or wounding them.
The third kind, designed for use against vehicles and equipment. The grenade was very useful against vehicles that were fast or slow moving because of its tendency to stick to a vehicle's armor. The grenade was not used much against organics, due to its small blast radius.
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- Imperial Sourcebook
- Star Wars Miniatures Battles
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- Galaxy Guide 9: Fragments from the Rim
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Star Wars Miniatures Battles, Second Edition
- Galaxy Guide 10: Bounty Hunters
- Star Wars: Power of the Jedi
- Star Wars: The Power of the Force (1995)
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Star Wars Customizable Card Game – Hoth Limited (Card: Concussion Grenade)
- Obi-Wan: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- "Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic"—Star Wars Insider 84
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Champions of the Force (Card: Concussion Grenade)
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – The Nightsister's Revenge (Card: Concussion Grenade)
- Suns of Fortune
- Dangerous Covenants
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide