The conduit worm was a long, wire-like invertebrate that lived in the electrical wiring channels of underground Coruscant and thrived on the electrical currents sent through them. They could end up on starships, causing power outages, and were treated as vermin.
The conduit worm had no specific head, tail, or central body, and took the form of branching threads, with new threads grown whenever a new bodily organ was needed. These could could grow to hundreds of meters long. Eyes and feelers existed at the ends of these branches, while electrical components such as capacitors, resistors, and batteries sprouted throughout the organism.
Conduit worms could detect faint electrical current from a distance, and if deprived of electricity (such as during a blackout) would seek out another source, often humanoid brains. The thought of a conduit worm's feeler slithering into one's ear was enough to make many Coruscant underlevel dwellers want to move offworld.
- Toxico—HoloNet News
- The Clone Wars: Decide Your Destiny: Crisis on Coruscant
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Missing in Action" (Mentioned only)
- Labyrinth of Evil (Mentioned only)
- Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight
- Shadows of a Black Sun (Mentioned only)
- Survivor's Quest (Mentioned only)
- The Unifying Force (Mentioned only)
- Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 97 (COR37, Coruscant - Animals)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 99 (HAN6, Hand Tools)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Unknown Regions (Mentioned only)