- "Resistance groups from all over the Circarpous system are going to be there. If I don't arrive, they'll panic."
- ―Princess Leia Organa
The conference with the Circarpousian underground was an important meeting of local resistance groups in the Circarpous system in 2 ABY. Princess Leia Organa was sent to represent the Alliance to Restore the Republic in the belief that Rebel Alliance support could strengthen the Circarpous resistance movement, leading to Circarpous IV and its neighboring worlds joining the Rebel Alliance openly. This was a vital mission, as at least one other system was ready to join the Rebel Alliance, but only if the Circarpous system did so.
Unfortunately Princess Leia Organa, along with her escort Luke Skywalker and their droid companions C-3PO and R2-D2 were delayed when Princess Leia Organa's Y-wing suffered a malfunction, forcing her to put down on Circarpous V. They were further delayed when an energy drill operated by the Galactic Empire on that world caused atmospheric feedback that wrecked both her and Luke Skywalker's X-wing on the planet. They were eventually able to escape the planet with the help of a woman named Halla, and continue on their mission to the conference.
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye (First mentioned)
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye 1 (Mentioned only)
- Splinter of the Mind's Eye 4 (Mentioned only)
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe Second Edition
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Chronology
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 21 (CIR2-6, Circarpous Joins The Rebellion)
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Reader's Companion