Constructed locally by the Pantolomin Shipwrights collective, the Coral Vanda was one of the most sumptuous mobile hotels in the galaxy, rivaled only by the giant spaceliners of the Core Worlds. Offering a schedule of excursions lasting three or five standard days, these trips provided a stunning sightseeing tour. Despite this, most of the people traveling aboard the Coral Vanda did so to gamble in one of the eight extravagant casinos, each of which featured its own theme, identity and unique game. The vessel featured, among others, the Tralla Room and the Saffkin Room.
In 9 ABY, Generals Han Solo and Lando Calrissian visited the Coral Vanda while searching for information about the fabled Katana fleet. However, due to the duplicity of one of their sources, Solo and Calrissian were almost captured by Grand Admiral Thrawn's forces. Thrawn was later able to secure information on the Katana fleet by capturing Captain Hoffner, a passenger aboard the Coral Vanda.
- X-Wing Rogue Squadron 26: Family Ties, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- X-Wing: Wedge's Gamble (Mentioned only)
- Dark Force Rising (First appearance)
- Dark Force Rising 6
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Third Edition
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 112 (VAN1-2, Coral Vanda)
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 124 (PAN1-2, Pantolomin)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia