|Points of interest||
- "Corbos was desirable only to those who didn't have any other place to go."
Corbos was an Outer Rim Territories planet near the Yavin system which was rich in ores. It had "Black Rain Seasons" which saw whole sections of the planet become uninhabitable due to massive thunderstorms.
In 6900 BBY it was the site of the Battle of Corbos, the end of the Hundred-Year Darkness. The Dark Jedi lost this battle and abandoned their Force-mutated Leviathans. In the succeeding millennia, every few centuries a group of colonists would attempt to settle Corbos, each time being wiped out by Leviathans, leaving their disappearance a mystery to the galaxy.
In 12 ABY an experimental mining colony of 793 miners and their families established Corbos Mining City, but were also wiped out by Leviathans. In turn, a group of Jedi (Kyp Durron, Dorsk 82, Streen, and Kirana Ti) arrived on the world and put an end to their menace.
Several archaeological teams visited the planet in the following years, but they didn't report any Leviathans. Some of the creatures may have survived underground, but there was no proof. Regardless, colonists and miners continued to avoid the planet.
- Tales of the Jedi: The Golden Age of the Sith 2: Funeral for a Dark Lord (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Old Republic (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith 2: Spiral, Part 2 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Lost Tribe of the Sith 3: Spiral, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Academy: Leviathan (First appearance)
- Young Jedi Knights: Return to Ord Mantell (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Legacy 30: Vector, Part 11 (Appears in flashback(s))
- "Straight from the Horse's Mouth"—Star Wars Insider 35
- The New Essential Chronology
- "Heritage of the Sith"—Star Wars Insider 88
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Atlas
- Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side