- "M'lady, I'm so sorry. I've failed you, Senator."
- ―Cordé, to Padmé Amidala
Cordé was a handmaiden who served Senator Padmé Amidala in the days leading up to the Clone Wars. She was acting as a decoy when she was killed in an attempt on Amidala's life by Clawdite bounty hunter Zam Wesell.
Cordé served Padmé Amidala, the former queen of Naboo, during her tenure as senator on Coruscant. In the days leading up to the outbreak of the Clone Wars, Amidala returned to the galactic capital from Naboo to take part in a vote on the creation of a Republic army in the wake of the Separatist Crisis.
On the orders of Amidala's chief of security, Captain Typho, Cordé served as her decoy, traveling on the senator's ship posing as Amidala while the real senator piloted a Naboo starfighter in disguise. Upon landing, Cordé descended the ramp with her retinue, but was soon caught up in an explosion that destroyed the ship and killed both her and six other people. The explosion was set up by bounty hunter Zam Wesell, who had been hired by Jango Fett to assassinate the senator.
While Cordé lay dying, Amidala ran to her handmaiden's side. With her dying words, Cordé apologized for failing her mistress, though Amidala insisted that she had not. Sometime later, Amidala shared private tears for Cordé with Duja, another of her handmaidens.
Personality and traitsEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Prequel Trilogy – A Graphic Novel
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Attack of the Clones Read-Along Storybook and CD (Indirect mention only)
- Thrawn: Alliances (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Card Trader
- Star Wars: Women of the Galaxy
- (Picture only)