Core Galaxy Systems was one of the oldest starship manufacturers in the galaxy. A "Founding Shipwright", it was founded during the earliest days of the Galactic Republic. The company produced a stunning array of starships, including the Core Galaxy Systems Dreadnaught, and managed a number of smaller companies, including the subsidiary responsible for manufacturing the Dynamic-class light freighter.
However, around 500 BBY, the company faced vicious competition from the mighty Kuat Drive Yards. Constant price wars, industrial espionage, and mysterious accidents at many of its factories resulted in heavy financial loss for Core Galaxy Systems.
When the company was forced onto the auction block, Kuat Drive Yards quickly purchased it. Soon, the Core Galaxy Systems name and logo were retired and the company became a subsidiary of KDY.
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels (First appearance)
- Tales of the Jedi Companion
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Starships of the Galaxy, Saga Edition
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia