- "Attack those Federation starships, quickly!"
- ―Obi-Wan Kenobi, during the Battle of Geonosis
Core ships were modified Lucrehulk-class Battleship central spheres that were used by the Trade Federation for planetary landings during the Clone Wars. Equipped with both land and air defenses, those autonomous spheres were 696 meters in diameter. Several such ships were deployed at the Battle of Geonosis. Skytop Station was a core ship converted to serve as a listening post. In 19 BBY, a modified core ship served as the venue for a meeting between the Separatist Council and General Grievous on Utapau, shortly before Grievous' final duel with Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids"
- Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Darth Vader 4: Vader, Part IV (Wreckage only)
- (First identified as core ship)
- Star Pilot
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Death Star Deluxe Book and 3D Wood Model