- "Well, I admire anyone who can crawl their way out of the sewer. Especially a sewer as putrid as Corellia."
- ―Dryden Vos, to Han Solo
It was the homeworld of Han Solo, Qi'ra, Wedge Antilles, Crix Madine, BoShek, the Besalisk Gadren, the bounty hunters Dengar and Mercurial Swift, and the Jedi younglings Kalifa, Petro, and Wanten of the First Order.
Corellia was located in the Corellian system in the Core Worlds. It had a temperate climate and was covered in forests, jungles, and urban centers. One major city was Coronet City, which was home to shipyards used to build TIE fighters and Star Destroyers for the Galactic Empire.
The planet's human inhabitants were called Corellians and were known for their wanderlust. Besides humans, Corellia was also inhabited by several alien species including Barbadelans, Besalisks, Czerialans, Grindalids, Kel Dor, Pa'lowicks, Rodians, Sullustans, Twi'leks, and Ugor. In addition, Corellia was also home to several native fauna including Corellian hounds and fleek eels.
An ancient Core World, Corellia was known through the galaxy for the Corellian people's wanderlust and its massive shipyards. In the millennia leading up to the Imperial Era, Corellia played a key role in the expansion of galactic civilization.
Age of the EmpireEdit
By the time of the Galactic Empire, Corellia was a faded industrial world that was used to build TIE fighters and Star Destroyers for the Imperial Military. Many impoverished Corellian commoners sough to escape their homeworld for a better life. By 13 BBY, the Corellian Security Forces including its emigration officers had become an extension of the Imperial security forces on Corellia.
Several crime syndicates including Lady Proxima's White Worms operated in the coastal Coronet City. The White Worms used local street urchins called scrumrats as vermin-catchers, pick-pockets, errand runners, and crime operatives. Two notable scrumrats were Han and Qi'ra who sought to escape the White Worms and Corellia by going offworld.
After escaping the Den of the White Worms, Han and Qi'ra tried to escape through Coronet Spaceport by bribing an emigration officer. However, Qi'ra was recaptured. Han managed to travel offworld and join the Carida Academy as an Imperial cadet with the hopes of becoming a pilot. Due to his insubordination however, Solo was reassigned to the Imperial Army and became a Swamp trooper on Mimban. Meanwhile, Qi'ra became a lieutenant in the Crimson Dawn crime syndicate.
Around ten years before the Battle of Yavin, an organization known as the Corellian Resistance operated on the planet, fighting against the Empire. One of their members, Miru Nadrinakar, attempted to warn them of an upcoming crackdown.
Rise of the New RepublicEdit
Following the Battle of Endor in 4 ABY, the bounty hunter Dengar tried to offer Mercurial Swift the opportunity to work in a partnership. However, the younger bounty hunter refused and the two man fought. Dengar warned Swift that the New Republic, the successor to the Alliance to Restore the Republic, would be imposing bounties on bounty hunters and that bounty hunters needed to form a union to work together. However, Swift ignored his advice.
In 5 ABY, the dark side cult Acolytes of the Beyond recruited a low-class Corellian Pantoran girl named Kiza. The Acolytes worshiped the Sith and the dark side. That year, the Acolytes staged an attack on Coronet City so that Kiza and a boy named Oblivion could infiltrate the Peace and Security Headquarters and steal a Sith lightsaber from the archives beneath the prison. In the process, Kiza killed numerous Peace and Security officers while Oblivion severed detective Erno's blaster hand.
In the months leading up to the Battle of Jakku, there was closer cooperation between the New Republic and Corellian law enforcement. Coronet City Peace and Security began linking its records to the growing New Republic database. This allowed Norra Wexley and her team to track down the bounty hunter Swift.
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Tarkin
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8 3.9 Most Wanted
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ Poe Dameron: Flight Log states that atmospheres habitable to oxygen-breathers, such as humans, are known as "Type 1" atmosphere. Solo: A Star Wars Story shows that Corellia's atmosphere is breathable to humans, therefore the planet has a Type 1 atmosphere.
- ↑ Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 "Orientation"—Star Wars Insider 157
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 8.5 8.6 Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 9.3 9.4 9.5 Battlefront: Twilight Company
- ↑ 10.00 10.01 10.02 10.03 10.04 10.05 10.06 10.07 10.08 10.09 10.10 Solo: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Aftermath
- ↑ Han Solo Biography Gallery on Star Wars.com (Image 1 caption)
- ↑ Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- ↑ 17.0 17.1 17.2 Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ (Slide 8)
- ↑ Join the Resistance: Escape from Vodran
- ↑ "The End of History"—Star Wars Insider 154
- ↑ Aftermath: Life Debt