|Corellian-engineered Star Destroyer|
| Technical specifications
Faster than other Imperial warships.
- "I've outrun Imperial starships. Not the local bulk cruisers, mind you. I'm talking about the big Corellian ships, now."
- ―Han Solo
The Corellian-engineered Star Destroyer, also known as the Corellian-class cruiser, was a type of Star Destroyer design or designs constructed by Corellian engineers at Corellian Engineering Corporation working off of other shipwrights' designs.
- "What's it like to out-maneuver one of the big Corellian-class cruisers?"
- ―Advert mentioning the design or designs made by Corellia.
Although Corellian Engineering Corporation's military designs usually consisted of anti-pirate starfighters and gunships for the Corellian Sector Fleet, they were often subcontracted by other shipwrights to produce their warships. This often led to variations that were known as fast and solid. During the reign of the Galactic Empire, CEC produced Star Destroyers that were considered the fastest ships in the Imperial Navy.
Behind the scenes
Although they are among the first capital ships ever mentioned in Star Wars, the "big Corellian ships", aka Corellian-class cruisers, were not described in detail in the Expanded Universe until the release of The Essential Guide to Warfare in 2012.
- Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope (First mentioned)
- Star Wars 2: Six Against the Galaxy (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Official Poster Monthly 1 (First identified as Corellian-class cruiser)
- Star Wars Official Poster Monthly 3
- The Essential Guide to Warfare (First identified as Corellian-engineered Star Destroyer)