|Corellian Defense Force|
| General information
Throughout the Corellian sector
The Corellian Defense Force or CDF was the quasi-military force that guarded the Corellian sector.
In the centuries before the Clone Wars, the defense force built large warships to defend the sector against exterior threats. Like all big capital ships employed in the rich Core sectors, they were fitted with a limited-range hyperdrive so as not to be involved in aggressive military actions.
When the Military Creation Act underwent discussion in the Galactic Senate, Corellia withdrew from active participation and enforced an isolationistic policy towards the rest of the galaxy. It forbid the usage of its military forces in any centralized Republic military.
It had many branches as well as divisions, including the Space Defense Service's Corellian Sector Fleet, and they were all focused on keeping the law in the sector. During the Second Galactic Civil War, it was a part of the Ministry of War under Minister of War Thrackan Sal-Solo. Its chief of staff and military head was Admiral Vara Karathas. General Wedge Antilles was also on the defense staff. It was based in the CDF Headquarters.
Corona Footwear Company was responsible for providing boots to the Corellian Defense Force.
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 47 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) (Mentioned only) —
- Star Wars Galaxies
- Ambush at Corellia (First appearance)
- Assault at Selonia
- Showdown at Centerpoint
- Specter of the Past (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Betrayal
- Legacy of the Force: Bloodlines
- Legacy of the Force: Tempest
- Legacy of the Force: Exile
- Legacy of the Force: Fury
- Attack of the Clones: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- Star Wars: Complete Cross-Sections
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Suns of Fortune