|Corona-class armed frigate|
Corona-class armed frigate
It was produced by Haor Chall Engineering before the Clone Wars. The ship proved to be unfit as a droid ship for the CIS. Haor Chall canceled the production and sold the remaining ships to investors and other people who were interested in buying one. During the Clone Wars they were considered antiquities, and collectors paid many credits for these vessels.
The vessel rotated while in flight, which was its main source of propulsion. As such, they also gave off a distinct humming sound while in flight. They had enough room for 6 Flarestar-class Weequay ships, which could be launched from the center of its ventral superstructure.
The craft was capable of landing on planetary surfaces and had eight landing legs. The eighth doubled as boarding ramps.
The pirate band of Hondo Ohnaka used such a ship to carry out their raids. Ohnaka stole the ship from a starship collector on Farana along with several Flarestar-class Weequay ships. They landed on Vanqor during Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker's hunt for Count Dooku, and scavenged the Count's Punworcca 116-class interstellar sloop. Ohnaka offered the Count passage to Florrum, a planet six parsecs away. Dooku accepted the offer to travel with them in the ship to their base on Florrum.
Behind the scenesEdit
The ship model is a nod to the flying saucers popular in 1950s sci-fi films, with the film The Earth vs. The Flying Saucers being cited as an example. The writers also admitted that the writers also wanted to try out a design for flying saucers since at least The Phantom Menace as either Trade Federation craft or recently as Alderaanean vessels, but they never got a chance to implement it until "Dooku Captured." The craft was first named a "Surronian cruiser" by The Clone Wars: Visual Guide Ultimate Battles, but in Galaxy at War it was named a Corona-class armed frigate. The publication Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles later separated the Corona-class and the Surronian cruiser as two distinct starship models.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Dooku Captured" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Gungan General"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty Hunters"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Test of Strength"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Darth Maul: Shadow Conspiracy
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Revival"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Visual Guide Ultimate Battles (First identified as Surronian cruiser) (Retcon)
- Galaxy at War (First identified as Corona-class armed frigate)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Incredible Vehicles