- "We will do all we can to protect our assets and intellectual properties."
- ―Passel Argente
The Corporate Alliance was one of the Republic commerce guilds. It was the negotiating body for several of the galaxy's largest commercial firms. Headquartered in Murkhana City, Murkhana, its members wielded large financial and economical influence, making the Corporate Alliance a wealthy and influential member of the Galactic Senate. Members and consumers alike were encouraged to identify with the Alliance in a near-religious way.
During the last days of the Galactic Republic, the Corporate Alliance was represented in the Senate by Magistrate Passel Argente, the chairman of its largest member company, Lethe Merchandising. In 27 BBY, they were engaged in a mineral-rights dispute with the Brolfi on Barlok.
Like its contemporaries, the Trade Federation and InterGalactic Banking Clan, the Corporate Alliance maintained its own security forces to defend its interests, and like the Trade Federation, it was ruled by a directorate. Originally, its forces were used to enforce its expansionistic and often unfair business practices on Outer Rim worlds. This is what spurred the development of weapons such as the NR-N99 Persuader-class droid enforcer. Over time, the Corporate Alliance grew frustrated with the Senate's limitations on its actions. It supported the Trade Federation's invasion of Naboo, and eventually aligned itself with Count Dooku's emerging Separatist movement with the promise of unlimited profit under a new government. The Corporate Alliance would remain a silent supporter of the Separatists and regulated the distribution of retail products in favor of the Confederacy.
During the Separatist Crisis, the Alliance took an increasingly aggressive stance against organizations it perceived as a threat. NR-N99 Persuader-class droid enforcers attacked a slicer compound in the Fakir sector after Alliance clerk Denlace Sachoore, based on an asteroid in that area, was found embezzling data. Twenty-five cybernetic data thieves were killed in the assault, though Alliance executives continued to demonstrate that the actions of the tank droids fell within legal boundaries.
During the Clone Wars, the Corporate Alliance pledged its security forces to the military of the Confederacy, most notably its deadly Persuader-class droid enforcers, while Alliance Fantail-class destroyers joined the Confederate Navy. Heavy units, including artillery droids, supplied by the Corporate Alliance were used across the galaxy, from Geonosis to Sarapin. Magistrate Argente, leader of the Alliance, took personal command of Merai's forces during the First Battle of Kamino, though the assault on Tipoca City ended in failure. The Corporate Alliance also funded and marketed both anti-Jedi and anti-Republic propaganda which helped keep the public in Confederate territory pro-war. Following the deaths of Argente and his chief aide Denaria Kee during the Mission to Mustafar, as well as the assault on their headquarters at Murkhana, the Corporate Alliance faded into oblivion and its remaining assets were absorbed by the Galactic Empire. Those that remained independent of the growing Imperial military-industrial complex sought refuge with the like-minded Corporate Sector Authority in the Corporate Sector, and were eventually absorbed into the organization.
- Passel Argente: Magistrate of the Corporate Alliance.
- Oro Dassyne: Acquisitions Specialist, Special Markets Director, and General.
- Denaria Kee: Chief aide to Passel Argente.
- Voe Atell: Senator
- Trench: Admiral.
- Denlace Sachoore: Clerk.
- Jerv Riske: Bodyguard.
- Corporate Alliance Artillery Heavy
- Corporate Alliance Artillery Regular
- Corporate Alliance Energy Pummel
- Heavy Corporate Alliance Energy Pummel
- NR-N99 Persuader-class droid enforcer
Behind the scenesEdit
The Corporate Alliance has several real-world parallels, notably the Canadian Industrial Alliance and a company called the Corporate Alliance that acts as a negotiating body for many real-world companies.
- Darth Plagueis
- Cloak of Deception (First appearance)
- Outbound Flight
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones comic
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones junior novel
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars game
- Republic 50: The Defense of Kamino
- Legacy of the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars
- Secrets of the Jedi (Mentioned only)
- Outward Bound (Mentioned only)
- The Clone Wars: Decide Your Destiny: The Lost Legion
- The Clone Wars: Covetous
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cat and Mouse" (Indirect mention only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Corruption" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Heroes on Both Sides" (Mentioned only)
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- Republic HoloNet News Special Inaugural Edition 16:5:241
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 91 (ALL1-2, Corporate Alliance)
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Clone Wars Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 10
- The Essential Atlas
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars and History
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Denaria Kee)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Passel Argente)
- Star Wars: Sith Wars