|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
- "Pure cortosis gauntlet. All my Knights have them. The metal disrupts a lightsaber. Yours will be useless for the next few minutes."
- ―Roan Fel, to Darth Kruhl
Cortosis gauntlets were arm braces made with cortosis ore woven into them. Acting as protective shielding, the gauntlets were used by warriors who engaged in lightsaber combat. As cortosis was a naturally lightsaber-resistant metal, when the blade of lightsabers came into contact with the gauntlet, the blade would short out for several minutes.
These gauntlets were worn by all of the Imperial Knights who served Galactic Emperor Roan Fel, and Fel, being a fully trained Knight himself, also wore a pair. Sith Lord Darth Kruhl was surprised to find his weapon deactivate in the midst of dueling Emperor Fel on Bastion.
Behind the scenesEdit
According to Jan Duursema, Darth Talon was able to cut off Elke Vetter's hand despite her cortosis gauntlets because she cut at the point where the bracer and hand guard join, between the cortosis armor plates.
- Star Wars: Republic 73: Trackdown, Part 2
- Star Wars: Legacy 13: Ready to Die
- Star Wars: Legacy 46: Monster, Part 4