- "The Senate will hear about this!"
- ―Naboo delegate
An encounter took place on Coruscant around the time of the Invasion of Naboo. Members of the Royal Naboo Security Forces were escorting delegates to Coruscant, and the Sith Lord Darth Maul attacked them at the order of his master Lord Sidious. Lieutenant Gavyn Sykes was able to drive off Darth Maul. The incident was later investigated, to no avail.
- "This is Panaka. We are under attack. We need assistance. [...]"
"Requesting permission to engage the enemy."
"Engage the enemy, Sykes!"
- ―Captain Panaka to Sykes
Around 32 BBY, Sith Lord Darth Sidious arranged an encounter by ordering his apprentice Darth Maul to test the ability of the Royal Naboo Security Forces pilots. Darth Maul in his Infiltrator came out of nowhere and attacked two Naboo N-1 starfighters and the delegates on their landing platform on Coruscant. Captain Quarsh Panaka ordered Lieutenant Gavyn Sykes to drive away the attacker. Sykes succeeded in launching torpedoes from his N-1 starfighter at Darth Maul and drove him away, even though Maul was launching airborne mines at him.
During the chase, Sykes found a vehicular upgrade.
- "That got him!"
- ―Lieutenant Sykes
Behind the scenesEdit
Coruscant Encounter is a bonus mission in the 2000 video game Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo, unlocked after acquiring all silver medals in the main campaign or through the use of cheat codes. A vehicular upgrade appears in the mission and picking it up fulfills the bonus objective. The mission does not specify when the encounter happens, but it had to be before Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace, as Darth Maul was defeated on Naboo and believed to be dead during the course of the film. Picking up the hidden upgrade will fulfill the bonus objective. The 2011 magazine Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 62 confirmed that the event happened before the movie.
- Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Episode I: Battle for Naboo refers to its events taking place during the Invasion of Naboo. The New Essential Chronology establishes on page 40 that the invasion happens in 32 BBY.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 62