- "Do you know why Valorum loves to attend the opera?... Because it's the only place on Coruscant where an entire audience will applaud him."
- ―Orn Free Taa
The Coruscant Opera was a favorite locale of Supreme Chancellor Finis Valorum (and, as a result, many other members of the Galactic elite). When Valorum's planned attendance at a showing became known, ticket prices automatically were raised astronomically. His successor, Palpatine, favored the Galaxies Opera House.
Possibly the most prestigious and exclusive art house in the galaxy, the building itself was built in a baroque design that predated the formation of the Galactic Republic and included an actual orchestra pit. The Opera's wealthiest patrons could reserve private viewing balconies; with individual, leveled seating for all others. For the less fortunate, the Opera included a group of built-in holorecorders which transmitted each performance live so that those who could not afford to physically attend could still view the show.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Cloak of Deception
- "Death in the Catacombs"—Star Wars Insider 79 (Indirect mention only)
- (First appearance)
- Mara Jade: By the Emperor's Hand
- The Crystal"—Star Wars Gamer 5 "
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos II: Jedi Eclipse
- Coruscant and the Core Worlds
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 109 (LEI9, Leisure)
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia