Coruscant Rescue Ops were emergency rescue, clean-up, and fire-fighting teams based on Coruscant that assisted in off-loading, refueling and basic maintenance of the tens of thousands of ships. Each planetary district maintained their own Rescue Op teams. Many Rescue Ops were poorly educated and underpaid, as their work was thought more fitting for droids.
At the higher end of the Rescue Ops were Coruscant's fire-fighting teams; they piloted firespeeders, wore fire and radiation-proof body suits (including bronze helmets), and were equipped with fire-suppression backpacks that fed handheld hose-guns. These teams protected the endless urban sprawl from disastrous fires and explosions.
During the Clone Wars, many Rescue Op members were drafted into the Republic military and were often be found serving aboard Republic warships. During the Battle of Coruscant, Fire Team Three helped guide the Invisible Hand down when it crashed into an abandoned industrial precinct while extinguishing the flames from the wrecked ship.
Although most of the Rescue Ops members were trained before the Clone Wars, after the war, many clone troopers retired from service because of battlefield injuries, innate deterioration, or accelerated aging. Those troopers were reassigned to boost landing platform maintenance and emergency rapid reaction squads.
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 50 (content now unavailable; backup links 1 2 on Archive.org) (First appearance) —
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith junior novel (Voice only)
- Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 32