Several Aurek fighter squadrons
|Present for battles/events|
The Courageous was under the command of Captain, later Admiral, Saul Karath and served as the flagship of one of the Republic's battle groups. Commander Dallan Morvis was the ship's second-in-command, and then-Lieutenant Carth Onasi was a prominent pilot aboard the ship.
The vessel participated in a number of skirmishes throughout the Mandalorian Wars, including the Battle of Vanquo and the ill-fated Battle of Serroco. Following the devastation on Serroco, Admiral Karath ordered a retreat towards Telerath. In a dispatch to the Admiral of the Fleet, he revealed his intention to regroup at Myrkr or the Ryyk Nebula with the Tremendous battle group arriving from an undisclosed part of the galaxy. Unfortunately, a Mandalorian fleet damaged the ship and boarded it, thus forcing an evacuation.
The Mandalorians took what remained of the vessel and had it melted down for scrap. Mandalore the Ultimate forged a battle-axe from it which he later showed it off to Admiral Karath on board the Arkanian Legacy.
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 8: Flashpoint, Part 2 (First appearance)
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic: Days of Fear
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 17: Nights of Anger, Part 2
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 18: Nights of Anger, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 19: Daze of Hate, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 20: Daze of Hate, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 31: Turnabout (Mentioned only)
- The Adjudicator Special Report: Tools of the Trade (Mentioned only)
- The Admiral's List: Karath Home Safely (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 49: Demon, Part 3 (Mentioned only)
- The Admiral's List: Jimas Veltraa Memorial Edition
- The Admiral's List: Remember Serroco! Edition
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Handbook
- Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia