- "Speaking of news, I just heard that your Commander Cheno got stabbed in the back by the court-martial panel. I'm sorry."
- ―Wulff Yularen, to Thrawn
A court-martial was a military court consisting of high-ranking officers appointed to try personnel charged with infractions of military law. When they disobeyed the orders of Jedi General Pong Krell during the Battle of Umbara, the clone troopers Fives and Jesse nearly faced a court-martial. After Dec Hansen and Mattis Banz broke into General Leia Organa's quarters at the Resistance base on D'Qar, Banz wondered why Admiral Gial Ackbar had not court-martialled them, leading him to believe that procedure was not practiced by the Resistance. It was known among Imperial officers that Darth Vader often simply did not bother with a court-martial when it came to discipline.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Plan of Dissent" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Carnage of Krell" (Mentioned only)
- Thrawn (Mentioned only)
- Thrawn, Part I (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: A Junior Novel (Mentioned only)
- "The Sith of Datawork"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad (Mentioned only)
- Doctor Aphra 7: The Screaming Citadel, Part III (Mentioned only)
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure (Mentioned only)
- Phasma (Mentioned only)
- Before the Awakening (Mentioned only)
- Join the Resistance (Mentioned only)