Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "Cray? The blonde with the legs?"
- ―Han Solo
Doctor Mingla was one of the galaxy's foremost innovators in artificial intelligence and had been a student of Stinna Draesinge Sha. She was romantically involved with her partner, Nichos Marr. Cray was very cultured and remained impeccably groomed and updated on the latest fashion trends.
In 11 ABY, Nichos actively sought to be tested for Force sensitivity and intended that Cray came with him. They both arrived at Luke Skywalker's Jedi Academy and Luke confirmed they were indeed Force-sensitive. They went through Jedi training and became Jedi Knights.
Cray soon learned that Nichos had been diagnosed with Quannot's Disease. She continued her Jedi training, practicing hard in the mornings. During the night, she used hypnosis and drug therapies to stay awake and did research to save her lover's life. Her expertise in the field had earned her a doctorate at the prestigious Magrody Institute and she managed to transfer her lover's consciousness into a droid body using forbidden Ssi-ruuk technology.
Both Jedi Knights accompanied Luke Skywalker on his mission to sabotage the Eye of Palpatine. The three Jedi were forced to split up and Cray was captured by servants of the Empire. While she was brutally beaten, Nichos was forced to watch her suffer. He had a restraining bolt placed on his body and—being partially a droid—could do nothing to save her. Cray realized that Nichos' spirit had never been transferred to the droid body. The droid Nichos, though resembling her lover, was only a droid and nothing could be done to change this. After Nichos died on board the Eye of Palpatine, Cray gave her own body to the spirit of Callista, as she wanted to die to be with her dead lover.
Cray Mingla was one of the first students of the restored Jedi Academy to die.
- Children of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Darksaber (Mentioned only)
- Planet of Twilight (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Dark Tide I: Onslaught (Mentioned only)
- The New Jedi Order: Agents of Chaos I: Hero's Trial (Mentioned only)
- Fate of the Jedi: Allies (Mentioned only)
- "Murder in Slushtime"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 14 ("Callista Ming" capsule)
- "The Women Of Star Wars"—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 12
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- "Use the Force: A Novel Trivia Quiz"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 5
- "ComicScan: Luke-ing For Love In All The Wrong Places"—Star Wars Galaxy Collector 7
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- Star Wars: The Official Starships & Vehicles Collection 8
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Reader's Companion