The Cremlevian War was a Yuuzhan Vong intra–species war. Fought between a domain led by Warmaster Yo'gand and another domain led by Warmaster Steng, the war saw the destruction of much of the Yuuzhan Vong's home galaxy. Yo'gand's domain eventually proved victorious after the Battle of Ygziir around 15,000 BBY. However, the war left the galaxy in ruins, and the warlike Yuuzhan Vong were stripped of the ability to use the Force by the living planet Yuuzhan'tar. The Yuuzhan Vong eventually abandoned their damaged galaxy, searching the Intergalactic Void for a new home.
- "The ancient texts are unclear. It appears we were invaded by a race that was more technological than animate. We called on the gods for protection, and they came to our aid, providing us with the knowledge we needed to convert our living resources to weapons. We defeated the threat, and, empowered by our victory, we gradually became conquerors of other species and civilizations."
The Cremlevian War began in the wake of an invasion by a droid species in the Yuuzhan Vong's galaxy. Threatened by extinction, the Yuuzhan Vong developed new weapons and technology, eventually defeating their droid enemies. After this victory, the Yuuzhan Vong continued waging war on other species in the galaxy, conquering a number of worlds. However, the species also began warring amongst itself.
At some point, the two most powerful tribes—one led by Warmaster Yo'gand and another led by Warmaster Steng—clashed. The resulting conflict known as the Cremlevian War saw the destruction of many planets. It came to a close around 15,000 BBY, when Yo'gand utilized a technique that was later named after him, to drop a moon on the planet Ygziir, which was allied with Steng. The tactic destroyed the planet, and killed many of the leaders of Steng's faction, who were stationed on Ygziir. Steng was also killed in the battle, bringing the war to an end.
Yo'gand became the Yuuzhan Vong's first Supreme Overlord, and united the species. He was remembered as a hero for his actions, while the Battle of Ygziir was considered the proudest moment in Yuuzhan Vong history. However, the Cremlevian War left the Yuuzhan Vong's galaxy ruined. Many planets had been destroyed or greatly damaged in the struggle; the Yuuzhan Vong living homeworld of Yuuzhan'tar was one of the worlds that had suffered. The war had turned the Yuuzhan Vong to violence, and Yuuzhan'tar stripped the bloodthirsty species of their ability to touch the Force. The Yuuzhan Vong began worshiping pain and espousing a philosophy of violence and death to all who opposed them. After thousands of years of ferocity and destruction, the galaxy had been stripped of its resources, and was in ruin. The Yuuzhan Vong departed their galaxy to wander the Intergalactic Void. Eventually, they discovered a new galaxy, which they invaded in hope of conquering it.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Cremlevian War was first mentioned in Vector Prime, the opening book of The New Jedi Order series. It was later mentioned in Destiny's Way, The Unifying Force, and several reference guides that revealed more information about the ancient war. It was also given an entry in The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.
As stated by author Daniel Wallace on his blog, The New Essential Guide to Droids implies that the Silentium and the Abominor were the droid species responsible for invading the Yuuzhan Vong, and threatening to wipe them out. However, this has not been confirmed by an official source, and thus remains mere speculation.
- The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- I, Yuuzhan Vong"—Star Wars Gamer 8 "
- Ultimate Alien Anthology
- The New Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The New Essential Guide to Alien Species
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 2.6 The Unifying Force
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- ↑ The New Jedi Order Sourcebook
- ↑ The New Essential Chronology
- ↑ Daniel Wallace's StarWars.com Blog (content now obsolete; backup link on Archive.org)